Citrus 6 sachets
Dioralyte Citrus powder for oral solution. Fast and effective replacement of lost water and body salts. Dioralyte can be used when diarrohea and vomiting present.
How to use Dioralyte:
- Dissolve contents of one Dioralyte sachet in 200ml of drinking water.
- Use fresh drinking water for adults and children.
- For infants and where drinking water is not available, the water should be freshly boiled then cooled.
- The solution should be made immediately before use.
- If refrigerated the solution may be stored for up to 24 hours, otherwise any solution remaining one hour after reconstitution should be discarded.
- The solution must not be boiled after reconstitution.
Dose: (Unless prescribed otherwise by your doctor)
- Adults (including elderly): (20-40 ml/kg) One or two sachets after every loose motion (each sachet dissolved in 200ml of water). More may be required initially to ensure early and full repletion.
- Children: (20-40 ml/kg) One sachet after every loose motion.
- Infants under 1 year: Should only be used on medical advice.
- Infants aged 1-2 years: (150 ml/kg) One to one and a half times the usual feed volume. If the illness is not improving within 24-36 hours consult your doctor.
When vomiting is present with the diarrhoea, it is recommended that small amounts be taken frequently.
Precautions: Dioralyte should be reconstituted with water and to the volume stated. A lesser or greater dilution may result in electrolyte imbalance. Store below 25°C. Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture. Keep out of the reach and sight of children. See leaflet for information.