Use our alcohol calorie calculator to quickly determine how many calories a week your drinks add up to.
The number of calories in most alcoholic drinks comes as a surprise to many. Alcoholic drinks are often mistaken as calorie-free, and excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks can lead to rapid weight gain.
Please remember to drink responsibly:
- Know your limit. If you are unsure how much alcohol you can handle, have a sober friend or family member with you.
- While you drink, eat food. Consuming high-protein foods such as peanuts and cheese helps slow the absorption of alcohol.
- Sip your drink. Remember to take pleasure in tasting, smelling, and enjoying the flavors.
- Take small breaks. Skip a drink now and then. Parties are full of people binge drinking.
- Never drive drunk. Always have a reliable designated driver.
- Do not mix alcohol and drugs. If you are taking prescription medication make sure to check the label for contraindications with alcohol.
The alcohol calorie calculator below is split up into four categories:
- Beer – Includes regular and light.
- Distilled – Includes gin, rum, vodka, whiskey, tequila, brandy, cognac, and liqueurs such as Drambuie, Cointreau, and Kahlua.
- Wine – Includes red, dry white, sweet, sherry, port, champagne, and vermouth, both sweet and dry.
- Cocktails – Includes martinis, Manhattans, daiquiris, whiskey sour, margarita cocktail, and coolers.
Simply find the category that best fits your beverage and put in the approximate number of drinks for one week.
When finished, simply click “calculate” at the bottom and view the stats. The online alcohol calorie calculator will then display the total alcohol consumption per week, month, and year.